Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmastime!



Tis' the season and it's time to write up some memories hehe. Uncle Dan came by to see his nephew before he left for Boston to have Christmas with Candace and her family. I'm hoping that she is upgraded to Aunt Candace sooner than later after this trip. I could tell that he would miss Alastor, we miss him too. We have those two over almost every night so it's been rather boring without those two around, but we've been managing.
Alastor has been getting better with his baths and seems to enjoy them more once he realizes what we are doing to him. He has been smiling and gurgling so much! Grandma and Grandpa Workman got him some really cute stuff for Christmas. He especially likes this little Glow worm-esque Seahorse thing that glows and plays music when he squeezes it. I wasn't sure if he would like it but he was smiling and kicking the whole time. We haven't made a name for this one yet, but he also really likes his little Octopus we named Otto.
Meghan got me a travel Etch-a-sketch for Christmas, i've always enjoyed those things and I wanted one for when I am stuck in church or something without paper to draw on. I got her this DVD of the movie The Christmas Toy. It's her favorite Christmas movie but she didn't ask for it so she wasn't expecting it at all. It was her favorite gift, she tackled me and everything.
We spent a little time in Springville with the family. Granda took out some old home movies and Dan and Me when I was about four years old. It was pretty intense to see footage that was almost twenty years old of me. We also saw my cousins who are all married and have kids now when they were little. Ryan was doing some bit about nudity and how we're all naked under our clothing, it was the funniest thing ever.
On December 19th Jason and Ellen had their little boy Gavin. He is so cute! Alastor has two little future playmates in the family. Beth is a few months older and now he has Gavin who is 2 months younger than him. It'll be fun when they all get older and play together. It was really fun having Alastor's first Christmas. We dressed him in the only holiday-ish onesie he had and some cute pants that he finally fits. He keeps getting heavier and longer, it's very exciting. I can't wait for him to fit in his overalls! Anywho, the holiday was wonderful and we all enjoyed it.

1 comment:

KL said...

The pictures are so cute! Alastor is looking really good. I'm glad he likes his glow toy. I thought it was cute and could be taken with you when you go places. Sure miss you guys.