Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Day Home...



Oh my stars, the first night. Meghan and I think that perhaps the nurses were spoiling Alastor while he was in the nursery or something, because he was so nice to us in the hospital. Apparently we didn't do the same things because he was up a lot. We fed him several times and changed his diapers twice. I'm surprised how much I don't mind changing his diapers really. We eventually got some sleep in 1 or 2 hour intervals, but it was enough to retain our sanity. Mostly I worry about the downstairs neighbors more than anything. I don't mind waking up to coo the child to sleep or change a diaper, I signed up for that. But the poor folks downstairs did not. I hope they can understand I have no control over the little tyke.

Morning was good though. We had our breakfast while taking turns holding Alastor's sleeping little body. I ran some errands and turned in a letter of intent for a new position at work. I'm not sure if I need it right now, I am making some good money over at the Front End (at Costco).
I have also been working on my paper for English, golly it is tough to work on homework while my baby is at home and needing me. I really enjoy being with him rather than anything else. We even had some time to watch an X-Files episode while he slept in the crib next to us. I sure do love the little guy.
Lots of people have been sending their congrats to us and we really appreciate it. I never knew how many people were waiting for our son to be born. Lots of people at work were excited to hear the news. My Mom is stuck in California and can't see her first grandchild's first weeks, so she has commissioned my brother Dan to come over and take lots of pictures, even weird ones like his feet. But then again, if I were away and couldn't see him I would want a lot of pictures too!!
I have one week off of work so I intend to get as much as I can done for Meghan in the week I have. Luckily her Mom is coming over for a week once I am back to school. So there will still be help around when I am stuck pushing and loading carts at work. My only other worries at the moment are money issues. Hospital bills always have horror stories to go along with them, so I am a little reluctant to see what they turn out to be. Work next week is 6 days instead of 5, so I will have a little bit of overtime to build up the funds, I just hope it will be enough.
Aside all that, life is good. We have a healthy son home and entertaining us when he can, I still have my beautiful wife around, and I have a job that can continue to support my family!!!
Besides, it's almost Halloween!!!!!

No comments: