Sunday, October 19, 2008

A new age has begun...







Alastor Dane Workman came crashing into our lives at about 12:49 AM October 19, 2008. Meghan started feeling contractions about 9:30 Saturday morning. It was the first sort of contractions she had ever had, so we didn't think much of it, nevertheless it was exciting for me. i told my son (through the belly) that if he could get me off of work about an hour early, it would be greatly appreciated.



Meghan kept me up to date with everything through texts while I pushed carts at work, and through my phone calls on breaks. On my last break (about 5:30) she told me she would call me if anything happened and she needed to go. Almost 10 minutes later she called and I was off to the rescue (about an hour before work ended I might add.)



Next Dan and I worked on getting the carseat into the car. The strap that was supposed to tighten the darn thing in became stuck and we had quite a time of cursing and swearing to get it un-stuck. Eventually it worked and we were ready to go.



Once we arrived at the hospital we checked in and labor was underway. Meghan had quite a bit of trouble with the contractions until the "magic man" as I called him came in and gave her the epidural. Then things went smoothly, she slept through a lot of the contractions and became fully dialated in about 4 hours. Even the nurses were shocked at how fast she was.



The time for pushing came, and there was no pushing. In fact the little guy practically flew out! It was amazing, and absolute miracle. He rated a 9/10 on his APGARS or whatever, basically he was in tip top shape.



Holding my newborn son and having him look into my eyes was incredible. I must have said "you're so cute" like a thousand times! I don't care how stupid I sound, I love my son!

1 comment:

Randy said...

Congratulations to the new mama and papa! The adventure has begun. You will both be great parents. Dad