Friday, October 17, 2008

Patience



Well, another interesting day. Lot's of people at work have been asking if my baby has been born yet. I guess if i'm at work that would be a no. Our current plan is to induce if he hasn't come by Thursday, so we'll have to see.

I really don't want to work on my paper for English, but I know I should just in case my son comes early. It's funny how I spent so much time bragging to Meghan about writing papers, and now I don't want to work on one, even though it should be pretty easy.

For the most part I would have to say I have been thinking a lot about how my life is going to change once I do have a baby in the house. I'll have to devote my time to another person and have all of my plans revolve around him. I'm not too sad about it, more excited. Other than being married I really haven't had something that I am terribly accountable to. School and work still feel like extras. I look forward to having another person to love.

Spending time with my cousin and his family today made me see that I am making a good decision here. While i'm still working on school and a larger career, I feel very happy with what I have. A family means more to me than some big job. While I still want a career, I want one to support my loved ones.

Well I am getting a little verbose and it is late. Off to bed!

No comments: